Whenever I begin writing a piece of work it is usually based on a profound idea that has taken form over a few weeks. I never start writing at the beginning of a story. I enjoy starting with a meaningful part of the story that is simple to tell. From there I move on and write a couple more chapters throughout the novel in no predetermined order, so that I can get an overall feel for the story as it takes form. Then I write the beginning of the novel and play connect the dots with whatever chapters I have written, saving the end of the story for last. Writing like this may seem rather chaotic but in my experience writing out of order is a great way to keep your story flowing, but then maybe that's just me. When I write, my primary goal is not to convey a message, even though I try to include a few tidbits of wisdom. On the occasions that I write, it is solely for the purpose of entertaining the reader. The one thing I wish people would take away from my books is the good time they had reading them.

No comments:
Post a Comment